- Bulk Mineralogy including qualitative Sulphides/Fe-Oxides mineralogy
- Morphology and semi-quantitative liberation and association of Sulphides/Fe-Oxides
- Manual point counting analysis data
- Photomicrographs for Sulphides/Fe-Oxides association
- Gangue mineralogy from X-ray Powder Diffraction Analysis
- SEM-EDS/Micro-probe compositional analysis of altered phases
Bulk Mineral Scan designed to provide the overview of mineralogical/petrographic information of new samples and problematic products. This study consists of
- brief petrographic examination, photomicrographs, estimating grain sizes, associations and abundances
- point-counting exercise for sulphides/Fe-Oxide phases, liberation and association data
- XRD examination on the non-opaques (silicates/carbonates).
General Mineral Scan is not quantitative mineralogy analysis but provides an overview for broad problem-solving assistance for the metallurgists.